Friday, December 6, 2013

#Reverb13 Day 6: Memories are made of this

What precious things have you gathered in 2013?

Which memories from this year do you wish to keep with you always?

Maybe 'people who have been there for you' is a cliche that has been used way too many times and lost its meaning. This year especially that's my best memory. People who have been there for me NO MATTER WHAT! My mom who left making breakfast in the kitchen for my entire family hurrying off to work, to hold me for as long as it took while i was crying. My sister who listened to the same story and reassured me the same way the more than millionth time, even in her sleep. Can't call her just my best friend, cos a best friend is anyone and everyone and she is my Nikita Deshpande, who possibly took the worst of me this year, kept aside the shit she was going through, the bullshit I added to it, understood and helped me, even though it demanded a lot from her and wasn't very rewarding. The twin soul, joined to my soul at the hip and yet not joined, who made me make myself happen again. My steadiest and most precious affair, who shared my pain and bared me to hers, knowing it was anything but easy for her to do that. All those people who were there this particular year for me without a word, when there were so many they could have said to me.
My memories are them being my rock this year in their inimitable way!

1 comment:

  1. There is nothing more precious than kindreds. Especially the ones who (as Brene Brown would say) would help you "move a body". They are few and far between in this life. x

    ReplyDelete