Friday, December 6, 2013

#Reverb13 Day 5: Risk

What was the greatest risk you took in 2013? What was the outcome?

The greatest risk I took this year, was also probably the greatest risk I've known myself to take ever so far. I know this because I am trembling as I write this. I am trembling the way I trembled when I shared my writing with someone, or when I told the love of my life that I loved him or when I frankly held my niece. I am trembling at the thought of sharing this.
Having and sustaining faith in something that has been called impractical and unhealthy for me for very valid reasons and praying for it is the biggest risk I have taken. I have no idea how long the wait is. I have no idea what fate my heart is going to meet by the time this goes anywhere. But its a risk, its a risk that takes a lot more than I realize. I go insane, I go numb giving to this faith what it takes, and it feels like the breath sucked out of me when someone punched me in the stomach.
But I cannot see sense without this faith anymore.
Letting me take the risk of having this faith, a lot of people who love me and are worried about me are taking a risk too. And I am putting at risk, my responsibility to assure them that I am okay. I might sound highly vain, and I promise I am not and you can buy it if you will.

Prayer, faith and love! That's my risk. Its a risk everyone takes and undermines. Its the biggest risk I have taken this year and probably ever until now..

No comments:

Post a Comment