Friday, December 6, 2013

#Reverb13 Day 3: Listen to your Heart

What does your heart have to tell you?

You know....how do you fail me when I need you the most?
Dear damn heart, where do you go I need that maturity and that wisdom that people say you have?
"Listen to your heart! Listen! Listen to it!
Your heart can never be wrong! Listen to your heart!" they say
I mean where does that come from??

You? What do you know? You know what's right??
Out of nowhere you will stubbornly squat
in memory lanes, at dead ends, atop castles in the air
and back over and over again on that wall
where Humpty Dumpty broke himself
never to be put together again!

You squat, you stubborn brat,
and you throw your hands and feet in the air
and bawl for all those things
you just have to have.
So what if they hurt?
They're yours and they must be brought to you!

There's no bringing you up!

And today you ask for the faith that will kill me? and I will listen to you,
won't I?
"Listen to your heart!" they say, those ridiculously pathetically foolish wise people!
As if we had a choice..

1 comment:

  1. I like the way you grapple with this, Puja.
    I think that sitting and quieting your mind and giving your heart a voice is quite different from the "follow your heart" and "drop everything to pursue your passion" messages that are pervading social media right now.

    ReplyDelete